Japan and South Korea – Technology Innovators and a Model for China?
- Reflecting perhaps the more structured and hierarchical culture, particularly in Japan, training tends to be driven far more by the employers than employees in Japan and South Korea.
- Not surprisingly given both countries’ technology prowess, both countries are also big users of e-learning and blended learning and lead the way in technology adoption in relation to tablets and smart phones. A clear demonstration for other countries of the shift of social usage to business and learning usage, and reinforces a happy balance can be achieved between the Learning Professionals and the Learner community itself.
- Learners are also particularly satisfied with online learning and gaming – due perhaps to their comfort with both mediums as well as the high quality learning providers in these regions.
- Perhaps Japan/South Korea are showing where China could be in a few years’ time and indeed demonstrating the next evolution of elearning being more Gaming-related?
- NB – Japan and Korea data must be treated carefully as it is based on a relatively low input group, and the figures are amalgamated. Indicative only.